Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Final Reflections on the Lesson Plans and Course

I feel that the lesson plans I used were successful for two main reasons. First, they allowed me to review some of the major Antebellum reform movements, which was useful since at my school students take early American history as freshmen and modern American history (what I teach) as juniors. Secondly, they exposed students to some of the major historical frameworks early in the course. We were able to examine primary documents, evaluate sources, think critically, and discuss historiography. Overall, I'm pleased with what we achieved during this review unit.

I want to end by saying I learned a lot during the TAH course. Even though my interest in the Antebellum period was relatively low going in, I am much more interested in this time period now. Thanks to all the organizers and participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment